multiple employer plan (MEP)
Keeping it simple makes it easy
If you don’t think you have enough time, resources or know-how to include a retirement in your benefits package, consider the 401k ELITE Multiple Employer Plan (MEP). This affordable, full-featured program is engineered for simplicity. It helps simplify the role of the business owner. Here’s how it works to your advantage.
A MEP is a retirement savings package in which multiple businesses participate in a single qualified retirement plan. It is sponsored by a third party, referred to as the “MEP Sponsor,” that takes on the responsibility and liability for running the plan. A business that joins a MEP is referred to as an “Adopting Employer.” The 401k ELITE Multiple Employer Plan is funded by an unregistered group annuity contract issued by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
- Pentegra Services, Inc. serves as the plan sponsor and ERISA 3(16) plan administrator.
- You’ll save staff time and it simplifies the day-to-day operations for your business.
- An investment manager takes care of the plan’s investment lineup.
- A plan record keeper provides access to participants’ accounts.
Reduce Fiduciary Responsibility and Liability
- Mesirow Financial Investment Management, Inc. serves as the investment fiduciary
- Fund selection, ongoing monitoring and replacement of the plan’s investment lineup is the responsibility of Meisrow Financial.
Note: A MEP is not suitable for non-qualified plans, plans that are not fully compliant or those without all plan documents and prior testing reports.
401k ELITE Multiple Employer Plan is funded by an unregistered group annuity contract issued by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. (Form AL 64349) or Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York (Form FA 64349). 401k ELITE Multiple Employer Plan is a registered service mark of Ameritas Mutual Holding Company.
Pentegra Services, Inc. (Pentegra) serves as the MEP sponsor. Pentegra’s Board of Directors serves as the principal ERISA fiduciary.
Mesirow Financial Investment Management, Inc. (Mesirow Financial) is an SEC registered investment advisor. The Mesirow Financial name and logo are registered service marks of Mesirow Financial Holdings, Inc. ©2016, Mesirow Financial Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
Pentegra and Mesirow Financial are not affiliates of Ameritas Life insurance Corp.