life at Ameritas
Fulfilling life is our calling
Who we are is defined by those who live our mission – making the lives of our customers and their families better. It’s what we do and we strive to do it better than anyone.
Ameritas has several locations, which allows greater flexibility for growth and learning opportunities. Not only that, we’re proud to support the communities that we live in.
Our associates are involved in what is important to them – fund raising, community events, marathons, concerts in the park. At Ameritas, we’re proud to support the communities where we live.
If you’re thinking about being a part of our team, take a look at some of just a few of the things you'll find in our communities.
Great places to work and live
- #1 – Best-educated City in the Nation – U.S. Census (2010)
- #2 – Healthiest Cities – Sperling’s Best Places
- #9 – America’s Most Playful Cities – Sperling’s Best Places
- Less than 2 miles outside Washington, D.C.
- 78.9% of the population holds a college degree – Bethesda Urban Partnership
- 48.8% of the population holds graduate/professional degrees – Bethesda Urban Partnership
- 700+ retailers and business within one square mile, including 200 restaurants, live theater, retail and art galleries
- Home to the National Institute of Health (NIH), the largest source of funding for medical research in the world – National Military Medical Center/Walter Reed
- Top 10 – Healthiest Housing Market in 2013 – Trulia.com
- Named a “Top City in the U.S. for Finding Employment Now” 2013 – Forbes Magazine
- Downtown Bethesda workforce is equivalent to more than 43,000 employees – Bethesda Urban Partnership
You can also enjoy the Goucher Gophers, Baltimore Orioles and the Baltimore Ravens.
Bethesda, Md. Chamber of Commerce
- #1 – Least-costly Location to Do Business in the U.S. – KPMG
- #3 – Top U.S. Travel Destination for 2012 – Lonely Planet
- #5 – Most Affordable Metropolitan Area in the U.S. – Forbes’
- #9 – Best City for Raising a Family – Forbes’
- #9 – Safest City in the U.S. – Forbes’
- #9 – Midsize Cities for Art – AmericanStyle Magazine
- Home to 10 Fortune 500 Companies and two Fortune 100 Companies
- More than 300 colleges are located within a 200-mile radius
- Top 10 of Fittest Cities in the Country for Children – Men’s Health Magazine
- Top 10 of Cities for Young People – AOL Real Estate
We also have the Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Xavier Musketeers, Cincinnati Cyclones, Cincinnati Reds and the UC Bearcats.
Cincinnati, Ohio Chamber of Commerce
- #1 - Happiest City in the Nation – Gallup, 2013
- #3 – Healthiest Cities in the United States – Men’s Health Magazine
- #4 – 100 Best Place to Raise a Family – Children’s Health Magazine, 2012
- # 5 – Best Cities for Women – Women’s Health
- #7 – Best Cities for Men – Men’s Health, 2009
- #8 – Happiest States – Gallup
- 10% Higher ACT Scores in Lincoln Public Schools than National Average – Lincoln Public Schools
- A – Air Quality Grade – American Lung Associate
- #20 – Best Cities for Families – Child Magazine
- Most Content City in the Nation – 24/7 Wallstreet, 2013
You can also enjoy the Nebraska Huskers, Saltdogs, Stars, Lincoln Haymakers and the No Coast Derby Girls.
Lincoln, Neb., Chamber of Commerce
- #1 Strongest US Metro Economies - Bloomberg Businessweek (2014)
- #1 Fourth of July Fireworks Celebratino in Texas and #9 nationally - Forbes'
- 2nd in taking Financial Sector jobs from New York City - Forbes'
- Located in Central Texas within driving distance of Austin, Houston and The Texas Hill Country
- 5th Hosted NBA Championship Celebration - San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- 7th Largest City in the United States - US Census Bureau
- #9 in Job Growth; overall job growth from 2008 - 2013 has seen an increase of 15% - Forbes'
- #11 Best places for Business and Careers - Forbes'
- 14th most visited attraction in the United States is the San Antonio River Walk - San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- 19th top-rated Metro Area - San Antonio Business Journal
Don't forget...Sea World, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The San Antonio Spurs, the University of Texas - San Antonio Roadrunners, San Antonio Rampage, and of course, you can always visit the Alamo!
San Antonio, Texas Chamber of Commerce