Helping you manage important responsibilities
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) protects the rights of participants and beneficiaries of retirement plans. We are prepared to help you understand your duties as a fiduciary by providing a wide range of support.
We provide a Fiduciary Handbook plan sponsors can use to help manage fiduciary responsibilities. It contains:
- An overview of fiduciary responsibilities
- Information on ERISA Section 404(c)
- A sample investment policy statement
- A simplified plan review checklist
To help manage the risks and responsibilities of operating a retirement program, we have teamed up with Mesirow Financial Investment Management, Inc. (Mesirow Financial) to provide two levels of fiduciary protection for the selection and monitoring of investment options for a retirement plan.
- Mesirow Financial 3(21) service offers a “help me do it” flexible approach to providing fiduciary coverage for investment selection and monitoring.
- Mesirow Financial 3(38) service offers a “do it for me” approach for investment selection and monitoring. Mesirow Financial assumes full discretion for selecting, monitoring and replacing the investment options, if necessary.
Ameritas, as recordkeeper, collects Mesirow’s fees for providing investment advice.
Mesirow Financial Investment Management, Inc. (Mesirow Financial) is an SEC registered investment advisor. The Mesirow Financial name and logo are registered service marks of Mesirow Financial Holdings, Inc. ©2016, Mesirow Financial Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
Mesirow Financial is not an affiliate of Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.