Multiple Employer Plan (MEP)
Keeping it simple makes it easy
If you don’t think you have enough time, resources or know-how to include a retirement in your benefits package, consider a Multiple Employer Plan (MEP). This affordable, full-featured program is engineered for simplicity. It helps simplify the role of the business owner. Here’s how it works to your advantage.
What is a Multiple Employer Plan?
A MEP is a retirement savings package in which multiple businesses participate in a single qualified retirement plan. It is sponsored by a third party, referred to as the MEP Sponsor, that takes on the responsibility and liability for running the plan. A business that joins a MEP is an Adopting Employer. The Multiple Employer Plan is funded by an unregistered group annuity contract issued by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Why Choose a MEP from Ameritas?
- It’s Easy to Administer: The MEP performs 95% of the administrative duties required to offer a 401(k) to employees, removing the administrative burden from employees and executives so you can focus on what’s most important—running your business.
- It’s Compliant: The third party administrator is your 401(k) support staff, signs the Form 5500 and ensures each plan is consistently in compliance with the DOL and IRA regulations.
- It Minimizes Fiduciary Liability: The MEP allows you to shift your fiduciary duties to the greatest extent permitted by law by providing you with the fiduciary support to mitigate defined legal obligations and responsibilities.
- Is Cost Competitive: Because the MEP is built on an aggregated model, your company gains the advantages of economies of scale in pricing.
- Teams with Well-Known Providers: Ameritas teams with a well-known independent 3(16) & 402(a) fiduciary group, third-party administrators for TPA services as well as 3(16) fiduciary services and an independent investment fiduciary for 3(38) services to provide end-to-end retirement plan oversight.
Unless otherwise specified, any entity referenced in this material is not an affiliate of Ameritas or any of its affiliates. The Retirement Collective® is funded by unregistered group variable annuity contracts (form AL 64349) issued by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. In New York, group variable annuity contracts (form 64349 NY) are issued by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York.