Investment tools for wherever you are in life
Investing begins with your goals, and where you are in life. You may be a newly-adulting professional, ready to begin investing. Perhaps you’re a family preparing for a new addition or beginning to save for a child’s education. Maybe your attention has shifted to retirement, and ensuring you have income to fulfill your dreams.
Wherever you are, your Ameritas financial professional can help you choose a mix of investment tools that can be part of your overall strategy to help you reach your goals. With an Ameritas Investment Company, LLC commission-based brokerage account, you can buy and sell securities and other investments with the assistance of your financial professional, who can help you make decisions that fit your investment strategy.
A brokerage account provides access to a wide variety of securities, including:
- Mutual Funds — These investments pool money from many investors to purchase a portfolio of assets designed to meet the objectives of the fund. They offer diversification, liquidity and convenience.
- Stocks — Stocks are investments in a company, which allow you to participate in the company’s profits or losses and may help you meet your growth or income goals.
- Exchange traded funds (ETFs) —ETFs include a variety of securities that you can save, trade, manage and track as one entity. They are typically lower cost and more tax efficient than actively managed mutual funds.
- Fixed income securities — This type of security includes brokerage certificates of deposit (CDs), corporate bonds, U.S. Treasury and government agency investments and mortgage-backed securities.
Other types of investment products can serve important roles in your overall investment strategy.
- 529 college savings plans — State-sponsored 529 college savings plans are a tax-advantaged way to save for college expenses.
- Variable insurance products — Variable universal life insurance combines death benefit protection and investment opportunities with the benefits of life insurance. Variable annuities provide tax-deferred investment opportunities and the opportunity for lifetime income.
- Alternative investments — Alternative investments include choices like non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs), oil and gas royalties, and equipment leasing. Alternative investments are not appropriate for all investors.
- Unit investment trusts — A unit investment trust is an investment company with a pooled portfolio of stocks, bonds or other securities.
Take the next stepTalk to a financial professional about how any of these investment products may work as part of your financial strategy and may be able to help you reach your financial goals.
Securities products are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Before investing, carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, limitations, charges and expenses of the product and any underlying investment options. This information can be found in the product and investment option prospectuses. Copies are available from your registered representative or AIC. Please read carefully before investing.
Not all financial professionals can offer all products.
Lifetime income guarantees are based upon the insurer’s claims-paying ability, are subject to product terms and conditions and are offered for an additional fee.